CODE OF ETHICS
WE AS MEMBERS OF THE FREDERICKSBURG AREA BUILDERS ASSOCIATION BELIEVE AND AFFIRM THAT:
• Homeownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
• American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed, and well-located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping facilities accessible to all.
• American homes should be built under the free enterprise system.
TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS, WE PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES AND POLICIES:
• Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, to our community, and to our country.
• Honesty is our guiding business policy.
• High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
• Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
• As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment, and improve methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchase may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
• All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed vigorous support.
• We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American way of life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state, and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
• We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are a part of our obligation as members of the National Association of Home Builders.
• I/We certify that  the foregoing statements on the front of this document are correct;  I/we do not have any pending ethical violations or unsatisfied financial obligations to this or any other local, state or national associations and  I/we are not under suspension by, nor disqualified from participation in, any governmental programs for unethical building or business practices.
• I/We agree, if accepted for membership, to abide by the constitution, bylaws (and all amendments thereof), and the Code of Ethics (stated above) of the association, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the Home Builders Association of Virginia (HBAV).
• I/We fully understand and agree to the provision that NAHB membership will not be registered until such time as my/our dues are paid in full. In the event of termination of membership for any reason, I /we agree to immediately discontinue use of the FABA and NAHB insignia in any form.
• By applying for FABA membership and signing this form, you agree to receive telephone calls, faxes, emails and mailings from all levels of the Association according to current FCC regulations. Although none of these will be solicitations, they may include notices of events and sponsorship opportunities for which payment would be required.